- Golf shoes with soft spikes MUST be worn.
- Players MUST carry sand buckets and repair all divot holes with sand.
- Bunkers MUST be raked. Please leave the rake in the middle of the bunker facing the direction of play.
- Pitch marks on greens MUST be repaired.
- Buggies may be taken across greens. Buggies must be fitted with wide tyres during winter. White discs are for men’s play. Red discs are for ladies play.
Before leaving a bunker, a player should carefully fill up and smooth over all holes and footprints made by him, and then leave the rake with the handle pointing toward the tee of the hole being played.
- Always enter the bunker at the lowest point.
- Pull rake toward you as you exit the bunker.
- If required rake other affected areas.
- Do not pile sand at the edge of the bunker. Push back excess sand
Bunker Rake Policy
- Always leave rake in the flat of the bunker with the handle parallel to the line of flight of the hole being played.
- Rakes should be placed as far from the edge as possible.
- Always start at the back of the mark and push forward with the repairer.
- Use repairer around all sides and slowly ease turf toward the centre of the mark. Do not lift the soil upwards.
- Lightly tap down with putter.
- Remove any loose turf from the affected area.
- Knock in all sides of the edge of the divot with your club or your shoe.
Damage to Greens
Flagsticks, Bags etc.
Players should ensure that, when putting down bags, or the flagstick, no damage is done to the putting green, and that neither they nor their caddies damage the hole by standing close to it in handling the flagstick or in removing the ball from the hole. The flagstick should be properly replaced in the hole before the players leave the putting green.
Handling the flag
- Don’t drop the flagstick on the putting surface as it will cause damage.
- Always lower the flagstick by club or by hand.
- Avoid damage to surrounds by placing the stick in the centre of the cup.
- Players are requested to NOT to use their putter to remove their golf ball from the hole.
Motorised Golf Carts
Players using MOTORISED GOLF CARTS must abide by the rules set down covering their use as follows:
- Carts must always be driven with due consideration for other players.
- Carts must not travel within ten metres of the green or tees or between bunkers and greens under any circumstances.
- No more than two persons may ride in the cart at any one time.
- Children under the age of sixteen years are NOT permitted to drive carts.
- The utmost consideration must be given to the preservation of turf. KEEP OFF wet areas. KEEP OFF areas which have already been damaged by wear. KEEP OFF tees and areas subject to heavy traffic between greens and adjoining tees.
- Where paths are provided, carts must remain on the path.
CART DRIVERS WHO DO NOT STRICTLY COMPLY WITH THE RULES WILL BE LIABLE TO HAVE PERMISSION TO USE CARTS REVOKED